Federated identity allows your organization to leverage its existing IT infrastructure to manage user credentials for your Bentley products and services. When one of your users signs into a Bentley product or service, Bentley’s Identity Management System (IMS) trusts your identity provider to validate the user’s credentials.
Benefits of Federation
Federated identity provides a simpler, more secure sign-in experience for your users and less account maintenance for administrators. The benefits of implementing federated identity for your organization include:
- Improving end-user experience by eliminating the need to remember a separate set of sign-in credentials
- Enhancing security and lowering risk. When a user leaves your organization and is removed from your identity provider IdP, they will no longer be able to sign in to your Bentley products and services
- Reducing administrative overhead for the management of users in Bentley IMS
- Gaining full control over the password policy, including use of multi-factor authentication, for Bentley products as user authentication is managed by your IdP
- Automating IMS profile creation with Bentley’s IMS support of just-in-time provisioning of new users
Want to see if you are eligible to take advantage of these benefits?
Fill out the Federation Request Form today.