Setting Up A Federated Identity for Your Enterprise
Federated identity allows your organization to leverage its existing IT infrastructure to manage user credentials for your Bentley products and services. When one of your users signs into a Bentley product or service, Bentley’s Identity Management System (IMS) trusts your identity provider to validate the user’s credentials.
Benefits of Federation
Federated identity provides a simpler, more secure sign-in experience for your users and less account maintenance for administrators. The benefits of implementing federated identity for your organization include:
- Improving end-user experience by eliminating the need to remember a separate set of sign-in credentials
- Enhancing security and lowering risk. When a user leaves your organization and is removed from your identity provider IdP, they will no longer be able to sign in to your Bentley products and services
- Reducing administrative overhead for the management of users in Bentley IMS
- Gaining full control over the password policy, including use of multi-factor authentication, for Bentley products as user authentication is managed by your IdP
- Automating IMS profile creation with Bentley’s IMS support of just-in-time provisioning of new users
Want to see if you are eligible to take advantage of these benefits?
Fill out the Federation Request Form today.