LONDON – The Year in Infrastructure 2016 Conference – Bentley Systems, Incorporated, a leading global provider of comprehensive software solutions for advancing infrastructure, today announced the winners of the 2016 Be Inspired Awards. The awards honor the extraordinary work of Bentley users improving the world’s infrastructure. At a ceremony and gala last night here at The Year in Infrastructure 2016 Conference, 18 Be Inspired Awards winners and eight Be Inspired Special Recognition Awards winners were acknowledged.
The Year in Infrastructure Conference is a global gathering of leading executives in the world of infrastructure design, construction, and operations. It features presentations and interactive sessions exploring the intersection of technology and business drivers, and how they are shaping the future of infrastructure delivery and investment returns. The 2016 event was also attended by more than 120 members of the press from leading publications around the globe who met with Bentley executives on Monday for the company’s annual Media Briefing. The agenda also included presentations by finalists in the Be Inspired Awards program, culminating in the selection of the winning projects.
This year, 10 independent panels of jurors, comprising distinguished industry experts, selected the 18 Be Inspired Awards winners from 54 project finalists. These finalists had been previously chosen from over 300 submissions by organizations in 80 countries.
Candidates for Bentley’s Be Inspired Special Recognition Awards were selected by the jurors from the top finalist projects as well as other exemplary nominations. This selection was based on the projects’ uniquely innovative and visionary achievements that transcend the narrower focus of the standing Be Inspired Awards categories. The nominees were then reviewed by a panel of Bentley executives, who evaluated them based on the criteria established for each award.
Bentley Systems CEO Greg Bentley said, “The achievements of our users—the architects, engineers, constructors, and operations professionals around the world—are exemplified by the extraordinary Be Inspired Award-winning projects we celebrated last night. I heartily congratulate the organizations that were instrumental in the delivery or operations of these truly inspiring projects. Moreover, I applaud all of the project nominees in this year’s awards program for their contributions to improving quality of life around the globe.
“It has also been a year of major achievements for Bentley Systems as Bentley’s CONNECT Edition was completed through AssetWise CONNECT Edition—enabling the CONNECT Editions of AssetWise and ProjectWise to share a connected data environment. We are also very pleased to report that reality modeling is visibly going mainstream, as is evident from its proliferation across users’ projects and across Bentley’s software portfolio.”
The Be Inspired Special Recognition Awards winners for 2016 are as follows:
Advancing Asset Performance Modeling
- Maryland State Highway Administration – Motor Carrier Division – Multi-jurisdiction Oversize/Overweight Permitting and Routing Implementation – (Baltimore, Maryland, United States)
Advancement in Conceptioneering
- HNTB Corporation – Connecticut Mix Master - I84 and SR8 Interchange – (Waterbury, Connecticut, United States)
Advancing Construction Collaboration
- CITIC Heye Investment Co., Ltd. – CITIC Tower (China Zun) – (Beijing, China)
Advancing Comprehensive BIM Playbooks
- Guangzhou Metro Design & Research Institute Co., Ltd. – ChishaJiao Station and Shiliugang - ChishaJiao Section of Guangzhou Metro Line 11 – (Guangzhou, Guangdong, China)
Advancing Construction Management
- GHD, Inc. – Ordot Dump Closure – (Ordot, Guam, United States)
Comprehensive Success Plan
- Black & Veatch – Business Transformation – (Overland Park, Kansas, United States)
Infrastructure Hero Award
- Aerometrex Pty., Ltd. – Reality Modeling for the Papal Visit to Philadelphia – (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States)
The Be Inspired Awards winners for 2016 are as follows:
Innovation in Asset Performance
- Danfoss – Facility Optimization and Energy Management – (Nordborg, Denmark)
Innovation in Bridges
- Ministerio Obras Públicas de Chile – Chacao Channel Bridge – (Island of Chiloe, Llanquihue, Chile)
Innovation in Building
- Morphosis – Hanking Center Tower – (Shenzhen, Guangdong, China)
Innovation in Construction
- Insight-WFP – Houston Refinery – (Houston, Texas, United States)
Innovation in Government
- Los Angeles Community College District – BuildLACCD – (Los Angeles, California, United States)
Innovation in Land Development
- Beijing Shougang International Engineering Technology Co., Ltd. – Xishi Winter Olympics Square Project of Shougang Industrial Area Transformation – (Shijingshan, Beijing, China)
Innovation in Manufacturing
- Unipar Carbocloro – Polishing System for Mercury Abatement Tower – (Cubatão, São Paulo, Brazil)
Innovation in Mining
- Tetra Tech Proteus – Tanami Expansion Project – (Tanami Desert, Northern Territory, Australia)
Innovation in Offshore
- Oil & Natural Gas Corporation, Ltd. – Re-qualification/Life Extension Study of Fixed Offshore Platform Structures – (Mumbai, Maharashtra, India)
Innovation in Power Generation
- PowerChina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited – Jinsha River Longkaikou Hydropower Station Project – (Dali Prefecture, Yunnan Province, China)
Innovation in Project Delivery
- Mott MacDonald Bentley – Mott MacDonald Bentley Project – (United Kingdom)
Innovation in Rail and Transit
- Banedanmark – The New Line, Copenhagen-Ringsted – (Copenhagen, Capital Region, Denmark)
Innovation in Reality Modeling
- City of Helsinki – Helsinki 3D+ – (Helsinki, Finland)
Innovation in Roads
- Costain-Carillion Joint Venture – A5 - M1 Link, Dunstable Northern Bypass – (Dunstable, England, United Kingdom)
Innovation in Structures
- WSP Parsons Brinckerhoff – 22 Bishopsgate, London – (London, England, United Kingdom)
Innovation in Utilities and Communications
- Hubei Electric Engineering Corporation – Miaoshan 220kV Secondary Transformer Substation – (Wuhan, Hubei, China)
Innovation in Water Network Analysis
- Roy Hill Iron Ore – Water Supply and Dewatering Network Optimization – (Pilbara, Western Australia, Australia)
Innovation in Water Treatment Plants
- 4Delivery Ltd. & Southern Water – Woolston Water Treatment Works Redevelopment – (Southampton, England, United Kingdom)
Bentley Systems has posted highlights of this year’s winning projects on its website. It will include more detailed descriptions of all nominated projects in the print and digital versions of its 2016 Infrastructure Yearbook, which will be published after the first of the year. To review the past 12 editions of this publication, which together feature more than 2,500 world-class projects recognized in the Be Inspired Awards program since 2004, access Bentley’s Infrastructure Yearbooks.
About the Be Inspired Awards Program and The Year in Infrastructure Conference
Since 2004, the Be Inspired Awards program has showcased excellence and innovation in the design, construction, and operations of infrastructure projects around the world. The Be Inspired Awards program is unique – the only competition of its kind that is global in scope and comprehensive in categories covered, encompassing all types of infrastructure projects. In the awards program, which is open to all users of Bentley software, independent panels of industry experts select finalists for each category. For additional information, visit www.bentley.com/BeInspired.
Bentley’s Year in Infrastructure 2016 Conference is a global gathering of leading executives in the world of infrastructure design, construction, and operations. The conference features a series of presentations and interactive workshops exploring the intersection of technology and business drivers, and how they are shaping the future of infrastructure project delivery and asset performance.
The Year in Infrastructure Conference is a global gathering of leading executives in the world of infrastructure design, construction, and operations. This year’s conference included:
- The Project Delivery Summit (by invitation only)
- The Infrastructure Asset Performance Summit (by invitation only)
- The Building and Facilities Forum
- The Rail and Road Forum
- The Oil, Gas, and Chemical Forum
- The Utilities Forum
- The Visions for the Future Forum
- The Be Inspired Awards Ceremony
The Year in Infrastructure 2016 Conference Sponsors include:
- Platinum: Microsoft
- Gold: ARC Advisory Group, BNP Media, Civil + Structural Engineer, Construction Week, Engineering News-Record, Geospatial Media + Communications, Informed Infrastructure, New Civil Engineer, PennEnergy, Reliabilityweb.com, SPAR 3D
For more details and a complete list of sponsors, including Silver level, click here.
About Bentley Systems
Bentley Systems is a global leader in providing architects, engineers, geospatial professionals, constructors, and owner-operators with comprehensive software solutions for advancing the design, construction, and operations of infrastructure. Bentley users leverage information mobility across disciplines and throughout the infrastructure lifecycle to deliver better-performing projects and assets. Bentley solutions encompass MicroStation applications for information modeling, ProjectWise collaboration services to deliver integrated projects, and AssetWise operations services to achieve intelligent infrastructure – complemented by worldwide professional services and comprehensive managed services.
Founded in 1984, Bentley has more than 3,000 colleagues in over 50 countries, more than $600 million in annual revenues, and since 2009 has invested more than $1 billion in research, development, and acquisitions.
Additional information about Bentley is available at www.bentley.com. For Bentley news as it happens, subscribe to an RSS feed of Bentley press releases and news alerts. Visit The Year in Infrastructure Conference website for information on Bentley’s premier thought-leadership event. To view a searchable collection of innovative infrastructure projects from the annual Be Inspired Awards, access Bentley’s Infrastructure Yearbooks. To access a professional networking site that enables members of the infrastructure community to connect, communicate, and learn from each other, visit Bentley Communities.
To download the Bentley Infrastructure 500 Top Owners ranking, a unique global compendium of the top public- and private-sector owners of infrastructure based on the value of their cumulative infrastructure investments, visit BI 500.
# # #
Bentley, the “B” Bentley logo, Be, MicroStation, AssetWise, and ProjectWise are either registered or unregistered trademarks or service marks of Bentley Systems, Incorporated or one of its direct or indirect wholly owned subsidiaries. All other brands and product names are trademarks of their respective owners.
Download Related Images on Bentley Systems flickr site:
Image courtesy of Bentley Systems