New features in StormCAD V8i (SELECTseries 3):
Common file format with other Bentley's sewer and stormwater products
With StormCAD, CivilStorm, SewerGEMS, and SewerCAD's new unified file format, the .stws file replaces the .stc, .csd, .swg, and .swc files. This common file format makes modeling teams’ workflows more efficient, since a model created in any one of these products can now be seamlessly opened and edited in another.
Updated support for MicroStation
You can run StormCAD from within MicroStation V8i (SELECTseries 3).
A MicroStation license is required - if you don't have a MicroStation license, you can choose to run StormCAD in its stand-alone mode.
Updated support for AutoCAD
You can run StormCAD from within AutoCAD 2013 (32- and 64-bit).
An AutoCAD license is required - if you don't have an AutoCAD license, you can choose to run StormCAD in its stand-alone mode.
StormCAD can now publish i-models (containers for the open exchange of infrastructure information) in 2D or 3D.
Culvert inlet control
Culvert inlet control calculations are now available in StormCAD.
Pond outlet structure
Pond outlet structure calculations are now available in StormCAD.
New gutter shapes
Support for v-shaped and parabolic gutters is now available in StormCAD.
Support for pressure elements, including pumps, is now availabe in StormCAD.
Node headloss calculations in accordance with HEC-22 3rd Edition are now available in StormCAD.
Automated field filters
The input and results fields are automatically filtered according to the solver used.
Key New Features in StormCAD V8i Include:
Updated CAD Interoperability and New Civil Integration
- Support for ProjectWise V8i: Manage StormCAD files using the ProjectWise project team collaboration system.
- Support for MicroStation V8i platform: MicroStation is the most powerful, most accessible, and most interoperable CAD platform for the design, construction, and operation of the world’s infrastructure. All StormCAD V8i versions can run on the MicroStation platform (MicroStation license required).
- Support for PowerCivil for North America V8i platform: PowerCivil offers civil engineers and designers a flexible 2D/3D tool for land development and site modeling. All StormCAD V8i versions can now run on the PowerCivil platform (PowerCivil for North America license required).
- Import/export of inRoads/GEOPAK/PowerCivil drainage files: Engineers and designers can now lay out a drainage network in InRoads, GEOPAK, or PowerCivil for North America, then import that network into StormCAD for further analysis. If the storm sewer design changes, an updated drainage file can be exported from StormCAD, then used in InRoads, GEOPAK, or PowerCivil for North America to create sets of plans and profiles.
- Support for AutoCAD: Run StormCAD for AutoCAD on AutoCAD 2011. Support is still available for AutoCAD 2009 and 2010.
The 08.11.02.75 build supports AutoCAD 2012 (32- and 64-bit).
Improved Model Building
- The new GIS-ID property can be used for maintaining associations between records in your source file and elements in your model.
- ModelBuilder improvements (to create new models or update existing ones from various different data sources):
- Oracle spatial support for ModelBuilder.
- Possibility to import a subset of data using where queries. This allows users to filter the data to import only the information they need, without having to change the data from its original format.
- Automatic creation of selection sets containing model elements that were either added or updated.
- Update the currently selected scenario or create a new child scenario during the data import process. Using a child scenario allows you to see the changes that were made by ModelBuilder during the last model-build operation.
Easier Model Management
- Easily and quickly create a prototype for a new element by right-clicking any element in the drawing view and selecting the ‘Create Prototype’ menu option.
- New Merge Nodes in Close Proximity tool automatically merges duplicate nodes and reconnects conduits.
- New engineering profiles: review your results dynamically with the customizable standard profiles, or set up your profile and labels for construction drawing (DXF) export using the new engineering profiles.
- Multiple 2-row ‘DOT’ style reports are now supported in a project file, and the report definitions can be shared among projects.
Enhanced display options
- Highlighted link elements (in the drawing view) can now be differentiated both by color and by symbol size
- Accelerated redraw option provides compatibility with a wider range of video cards.
Key New Features in StormCAD V8 XM Edition
MicroStation Platform Support
||StormCAD V8 XM Edition is able to run on the MicroStation platform! That means that all of the StormCAD tools are available from within the MicroStation environment (so users can design and analyze a storm sewer system and review results without leaving MicroStation). |
Updated User Interface
||The StormCAD V8 XM Edition graphical user interface has been completely redesigned to provide more flexibility and a better user experience. The workspace can be customized by dragging and resizing windows, or by docking them to the main display.|
Active Topology Alternatives
||The Active Topology feature allows StormCAD users to set up different scenarios to examine various system expansion strategies. For example, a new subdivision can be made active in one scenario, and the resulting flows and hydraulic grade line elevations compared to another scenario in the same file where the new subdivision is inactive.|
||StormCAD now supports the LandXML standard for data import and export. That means that it is easy to share storm sewer pipe network information between StormCAD and other LandXML compatible civil design packages|
Support for Prismatic Open Channels
||Previous versions of StormCAD could only analyze closed conduit networks like circular pipes or box sections. StormCAD V8 XM Edition is now also able to model prismatic open channel sections, such as trapezoidal channels, rectangular channels and irregular (user-defined) channels.|
Terrain Extraction using TRex
||The new Trex tool in StormCAD is able to extract ground elevations from DXF files, Shapefiles or LandXML files, and assign those to junctions in the model.|
Time of Concentration Calculator
||Enter catchment properties, and StormCAD will now compute the time of concentration according to one of several methods such as SCS Lag, TR-55, Kirpich, Eagleson, etc.|
Background Layer Support
||StormCAD now supports multiple background layers in each project. In addition, StormCAD supports the following files types for use as background layers: DXF, Shapefile, Bitmap, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, GIF and MrSID.|
Visualization of Catchments, Gutters and Diversions
Catchments, gutters, and diversions can now be drawn directly, and to scale, on the StormCAD plan view for a better graphical representation of the system.
User-Defined Flow-Headloss curves
Users can now model complex headloss elements (such as vortex regulators) by entering a user-defined flow-headloss curve to define the headloss at a system junction.
Additional Options for Inlet Capacity Definition
StormCAD can still compute inlet capacity using the HEC-22 methodology, or by entering a fixed capture efficiency—but users are now also able to define a maximum capacity for an inlet, or enter a user-defined gutter flow-capture or gutter depth-capture curve.
Elevation-Flow Outfall Condition
Users can now simulate backwater effects at an outfall by entering an elevation-flow curve to define the tailwater level at an outfall.
Define and save a named view, so that you can quickly and easily return to that same area of interest at any time
Run a pre-defined query, or create your own, to isolate and select elements of interest (for example, all pipes where the average velocity is less than 2 ft/s)
||Quickly create a contour plot of model input (like ground elevations) or results (such as hydraulic grade line), and export these directly to MicroStation, AutoCAD, or DXF format.|
||Link digital photos, relevant documents, websites and other electronic files to elements within a StormCAD model.|
Customization Using WaterObjects.Net
Customize and extend StormCAD using the WaterObjects.Net application programming interface.