gINT V8i is a dynamic new release that brings numerous upgrades to the previous version, gINT 8.2. It improves interoperability and usability for all gINT products. gINT V8i includes over 105 new features and addresses numerous user requests.
gINT V8i enhancements include:
MicroStation and ProjectWise Integration
gINT V8i includes integration with MicroStation and ProjectWise as well as Bentley civil engineering design applications. With gINT V8i, you can now:
- Export logs, fences, and other reports into MicroStation DGN format
- Store all gINT data (project files, libraries, scripts, etc.) in ProjectWise for simplified project collaboration
New Geo-Coordinate Tools
Bentley’s core geo-coordination tools allow gINT V8i to combine data from disparate coordinate systems and to better integrate with Bentley Mapping and Civil applications. For example, you can now enter Northing and Easting coordinates and generate the corresponding WGS84 latitude and longitude. Likewise, you can also enter the WGS84 latitude and longitude to get the Northing and Easting coordinates.
Enhanced Fence Reports with Graphic "Drapes"
Fence drapes enable graphics that depict features in elevation along a line (straight, zigzagged, or curved) to be placed on a 2D fence report. gINT performs the appropriate projection calculations for accurate display. Fence drapes can be used to display:
- Interpreted layered geometry
- Seismic tests results (for example, shear wave velocities)
- Existing features along an alignment (rivers, bridges, buildings, roads, etc.)
Deviated Borehole Support
gINT now supports boreholes where the bearing and plunge change with depth.
gINT for ArcGIS Add-In
The gINT for ArcGIS Add-in is now included with gINT Professional and gINT Professional Plus. This add-in enables you to:
- Import your gINT projects into ArcGIS
- Select gINT project data from within ArcGIS
- View and query gINT project data details from within ArcGIS
- Preview, print, and export gINT logs and fences from within ArcGIS
Other new features
- Enhanced Compression Wavelet file support for improving performance when combining geotechnical data with raster images
- Enhanced data export filters and tools, including data filters, zone filters, and the ability to select points from site layout
- Support for the comma used as a decimal separator for both data entry and reporting
For a complete list of new features, see “What’s New in Version V8i” in gINT V8i online help.