Better engineered buildings on time and on budget
Structural Modeler is an advanced, yet intuitive and easy-to-use building information modeling (BIM) application that empowers structural engineers and designers to create structural systems for buildings and industrial plants in steel, concrete, and timber with unlimited freedom.
Bentley Structural Modeler V8i is part of Bentley’s integrated suite of building information modeling (BIM) applications, which provide seamless integration between design, engineering, analysis, construction, and operations for the entire lifecycle of facilities. Bentley Structural Modeler V8i provides comprehensive documentation and building information modeling (BIM) serving the needs of structural engineers, designers and BIM practitioners through accurate document generation and integrated project delivery. Additionally, Bentley Structural Modeler V8i provides engineers the ability to easily explore design alternatives with flexible interdisciplinary coordination and interoperability with industry-leading structural analysis software products.
- Bentley Structural Modeler V8i is versatile enough for use on any type of structural project. Structural systems can be created for buildings and industrial plants in steel, concrete, and timber with unlimited freedom.
- Bentley Structural Modeler V8i provides the ability to automate and synchronize the creation of construction documentation across a project. This provides a significant time savings over a 2D workflow. The construction documentation is easily customizable allowing for incorporation of standards.
- With Bentley Structural Modeler V8i's seamless integration, access timely information across multidisciplinary project teams whether they are working in a single office or distributed across many offices. In addition, our links to leading structural analysis applications including RAM and STAAD provide for true integration with your design model and CIS/2 and SDNF file formats provide support for detailing and fabrication.
Bentley Structural Modeler V8i is one of the most significant opportunities to increase accuracy and efficiency while reducing time, schedule, and costs across a wide spectrum of engineering projects.
Learn how Gresham Smith and Partners increased productivity with the integration of Bentley Structural Modeler V8i and RAM Structural System.
Read more case studies on our integrated offerings.
Learn more about our wide array of structural offerings.
Read what our users are saying in testimonials.
User types and users
IFC white paper
You can download full-function software to evaluate Bentley’s building information modeling (BIM) applications free for 30 days.
Structural Modeler has the most comprehensive list of powerful features that empower structural engineers and designers to create with unlimited freedom, to explore more engineering options, to make better informed design decisions, and to predict costs and performance.
- Structural design and construction documentation for structures in steel, concrete, and timber
- Integrated analytical model with finite elements, nodes, boundary conditions and member releases, loads and load combinations
- Parametric, dimension-driven creation and modification of structural components
- Automatic user-definable cutbacks and coping of intersecting members
- Plans, framing layouts, sections, and elevations created with extraction rules for resymbolization and member annotation
- Quantity takeoffs, member schedules, volume and weight analyses, center of gravity, and other reports
- Support of DGN, DWG, DXF, PDF, STEP, IGES, IFC 2x, and other major industry standards
- Seamless integration with Bentley’s STAAD.Pro and RAM International products as well as other leading structural analysis applications
- Fully supported in Bentley ProjectWise, Bentley’s comprehensive collaboration server
Complete feature list
Bentley offers the most comprehensive solution for integrated engineering with applications that integrate engineering analysis, design, and documentation. The portfolio comprises:
- Structural Modeler
- Bentley RAM offerings
- Bentley STAAD offerings
Learn how you can find a better way for structural engineers, designers, fabricators, and the whole project team to work together—with time saved, improved quality, and better, safer structures because of the informed decisions made along the way. Have a sales specialist contact you to discuss how your firm can benefit from Integrated Engineering.