Information Management Services for Asset Lifecycle Management
eB is the foundation of Bentley’s AssetWise system of servers and services. It helps you control information and manage change throughout the asset lifecycle, ensuring the delivery of accurate, trusted information to operations and maintenance teams - whereever and whenever it is needed. eB uniquely integrates configuration and change management best practices to deliver asset information management services throughout the infrastructure asset lifecycle.
Modern enterprises spend billions of dollars on information technology software for document management, project scheduling, engineering design, human resources, accounting, and so on. These critical enterprise applications manage information within their own systems and, at times, share information with other systems. However, there’s no capability to manage changing information relationships across all systems. This can result in vital information “slipping through the cracks.” eB gives users access to everything mapped, modeled, and simulated in the engineering information model for increased asset performance, improved project quality, effective management of change (MOC), reduced errors, and improved safety, providing superior digital asset management for your infrastructure.
eB links interrelated information, no matter what discrete information system it resides in, no matter what the format — structured or unstructured, paper or electronic, documents or physical objects, business processes or people. Information is exposed, along with its status and relationships, to other relevant information assets, ensuring that workers have access to accurate information, in context. Visibility to related information enables better decision making, as well as thorough change impact analysis through eB's standardized reporting.
- Improves operational efficiency
- Improves quality and safety
- Reduces costs
- Enforces information governance polices to meet regulatory compliance
- Minimizes business risk
- Helps capture and maintain institutional knowledge
eB is a configurable product with functional modules that provide services in a variety of areas.
The following eB products provide services that are applicable to a broad range of enterprise applications:
Information Consumption Services
The following eB products provide services enabling the convenient consumption of information in various formats.
- eB Print Services: Provides print capabilities to multiple enterprise printers and queues
- eB Kofax Scanning Services: Delivers capabilities to scan and import paper documents and drawings
- eB Rendition Services: Enables the ability to generate PDF renditions of any document managed by eB
- eB FTR Indexing Services: Offers full text retrieval capabilities
eB can be customized by users and integrated with other enterprise applications.
AssetWise for Nuclear Software and Services
- eB Quicklinks: Provides the ability to generate a URL to access any information item within eB
- eB SDK: The eB Insight Software Developer Kit enables users to develop new extensions to existing applications
The worldwide nuclear community is perhaps the most heavily regulated industry in the world. It also is closely integrated, sharing best practices and many common guidelines that are overseen by organizations such as the International Atomic Energy Association (IAEA) and the World Association of Nuclear Operators (WANO). Bentley’s Nuclear applications comply with nuclear industry guidelines and are designed and implemented with the support and guidance of nuclear users to ensure that they meet facility needs.
Visit the following AssetWise for Nuclear software and services page for more information.