01 October 2013
Winners Will Be Selected and Presented With Their Awards at The Year in Infrastructure 2013 Conference Taking Place Oct. 29-31 in London, U.K.
EXTON, Pa., U.S.A. – Bentley Systems, Incorporated, the leading company dedicated to providing comprehensive software solutions for sustaining infrastructure, today announced the project finalists in the 2013 Be Inspired Awards competition. The awards honor the extraordinary work of Bentley users improving and sustaining the world’s infrastructure. Six independent panels of jurors, comprising accomplished Bentley users and distinguished industry experts, selected the 65 finalists from nominations submitted by organizations in 43 countries.
The winners of the Be Inspired Awards will be announced at The Year in Infrastructure 2013 Conference, taking place Oct. 29-31, in London, U.K. This global gathering of leading executives in the world of infrastructure design, construction, and operations features a series of presentations and interactive sessions exploring the intersection of technology and business drivers, and how they are shaping the future of infrastructure delivery and investment returns.
Tailored to the information needs of management-level executives in architectural and engineering firms, construction companies, and owner-operator and government organizations responsible for the design, delivery, or operations of infrastructure, The Year in Infrastructure 2013 Conference is the perfect forum to:
- share best practices in infrastructure design, delivery, and operations from peer organizations;
- network with peer organizations, more than 100 members of the media, and industry thought leaders from around the globe;
- explore cutting-edge technologies and how they are changing the way information moves throughout the infrastructure lifecycle;
- gain insight from presentations delivered by many of the world’s top thought leaders to help understand, prepare for, and take advantage of the key trends that are transforming the design, delivery, and operations of the world’s infrastructure.
All those who submitted a nomination in the 2013 Be Inspired Awards competition are also encouraged to attend.
Bentley COO Malcolm Walter said, “We set the bar extremely high for our new Year in Infrastructure 2013 thought leadership conference, from its provocative agenda bringing valuable insights on crucial issues facing infrastructure executives around the globe to the preeminent thought leaders who will deliver the keynotes and summit presentations. Guest keynoters include Sir John Armitt, chairman of the Olympic Delivery Authority for London 2012 and chairman of National Express; Andrew Wolstenholme, OBE, CEO of Crossrail Ltd.; Peter Hansford, chief construction advisor to the U.K. government; and Pedro Miranda, corporate VP, Siemens AG, and head of the Global Center of Competence Cities.
“The one thing outside of our control was, of course, the Be Inspired Awards nominations. But as always, our users came through for us – with remarkable projects that tested the adjudicative prowess of our esteemed jury members. I congratulate all of the finalists, and look forward to their inspiring presentations in the last leg of this very special competition at our conference in London later this month!”
The Be Inspired Awards finalists for 2013 are as follows:
Innovation in Asset Lifecycle Information Management
- Crossrail Ltd – Information Mobility for the Crossrail Smart Railway – (London and South East England, United Kingdom)
- JSC Neolant – Information Support System for Decommissioning Kursk Nuclear Power Plant – (Kurchatov, Kursk Region, Russia)
- Suncor Energy Inc. (Edmonton Refinery) – Information Plant – (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada)
Innovation in Asset Performance Management
- ArcelorMittal – ArcelorMittal U.S.A. World Class Equipment Reliability Project – (United States)
- Bellwood Systems Ltd. – RCM2 at Siberian Power Generation Company – (Abakan, Khakassia and Barnaul, Altai Krai, Russia)
- ScottishPower – ScottishPower Strategy for Asset Management and Process Safety – (United Kingdom)
Innovation in Bridges
- Bloom Companies, LLC – Rawson Avenue Interchange Reconstruction – (Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States)
- GS Engineering & Construction – Mokpo Cable-stayed Bridge – (Mokpo, South Korea)
- LCW Consult, SA – The Corgo River Valley Viaduct – (Vila Real, Portugal)
Innovation in Building
- China Shipbuilding NDRI Engineering Co., Ltd – China Communications Construction Company Limited Southern Headquarters – (Guangzhou, Guangdong, China)
- Morphosis Architects – Perot Museum of Nature and Science – (Dallas, Texas, United States)
- Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners – Cancer Treatment Center for Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals – (London, United Kingdom)
Innovation in Collaboration Using i-models
- CB&I Power – AP1000 Nuclear Power Plant i-models – (Jenkinsville, South Carolina and Waynesboro, Georgia, United States)
- Imarati Engineers & Consultants – IEC BIM-based Program Management – (Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates)
Innovation in Construction
- Consolidated Contractors Company on Behalf of TCAJV – Midfield Terminal Building - Abu Dhabi International Airport – (Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates)
- Intelliwave Technologies Inc. – Alberta Oil Sands – (Alberta, Canada)
- Kellogg Joint Venture Gorgon – Gorgon Project – (Barrow Island, Australia)
Innovation in Generative Design
- Ian Simpson Architects – One Blackfriars Road – (London, United Kingdom)
- Jawor Design Studio and LabDigiFab – Parametric Pavilion – (Wroclaw, Poland)
- LAB Architecture Studio with SIADR – Wujin Council Offices – (Changzhou, Jiangsu, China)
Innovation in Geospatial Networks
- AEM Gestioni Srl – District Heating GIS System – (Cremona, Italy)
- EPCOR Water Services Inc. – WALRUS - Water and Land Related Utility System – (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada)
- Precision Valley Communications – Impossible Obstacles Achieved with Innovative and Accelerated Design – (Washington, D.C., United States)
Innovation in Government
- Crossrail Ltd – Crossrail Ltd – (London, United Kingdom)
- Innovación Sistemas y Proyectos – Cancún Federated Geospatial Information System – (Cancún, Mexico)
- Sydney Trains – The Virtual Planroom – (Sydney, New South Wales, Australia)
Innovation in Land Development, Engineering, and Management
- Foth Infrastructure & Environment, LLC – Lower Fox River, Operable Unit 1 – (Neenah, Wisconsin, United States)
- HNTB Corporation – M-1 RAIL Streetcar Project – Advanced Utility Investigation – (Detroit, Michigan, United States)
- Mortenson Construction – Senate Wind Farm – (Graham, Texas, United States)
Innovation in Metals and Mining
- China ENFI Engineering Technology Co., Ltd. – Qian Bayin Molybdenum Ore Selection in Mongolia – (Erdenetsagaan, Sükhbaatar, Mongolia)
- China Nerin Engineering Co., Ltd. – Upgrading Projects of Smelting Technology of Tongling Nonferrous Copper – (Tongling, Anhui, China)
- Hatch Associates Pty Ltd – Qinghai Magnesium Smelter – Dehydration Facility – (Golmud, Qinghai, China)
Innovation in Offshore Engineering
- CNGS Engineering – Central Process Platform - V. Filanovsky Oil Field – (Caspian Sea, Russia)
- L&T-Valdel Engineering Ltd. – OSX-3 FPSO Project – (Santos Basin, São Paulo, Brazil)
- TECON S.r.l. – Costa Concordia Wreck Removal Project – (Isola del Giglio, Grosseto, Italy)
Innovation in Point-cloud Processing and Management
- Avineon India Pvt Ltd – Creation of 3D City Model for City of Brussels Using LiDAR Point-cloud Data – (Brussels, Belgium)
- J.L. Patterson & Associates, Inc. – Cascade Tunnel Study – (Stevens Pass, Washington, United States)
- Steuernagel Ingenieure GmbH – Restoration of St Leonhard’s Church in Frankfurt, Germany – (Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany)
Innovation in Power Generation
- Beifang Investigation Design & Research Co. Ltd – Parametric Design Application of Hydropower Engineering – (South Region, Cameroon)
- Eskom Holdings (Pty) Ltd – Kusile Power Station - Virtual 3D Plant Simulator for O&M – (Witbank, Mpumalanga, South Africa)
- Southern Company – Plant Yates Units 6 and 7 – (Newnan, Georgia, United States)
Innovation in Process Manufacturing
- CPC Corporation – Residue Fluid Catalytic Cracking Project – (Kaohsiung, Taiwan)
- Pall India Pvt. Ltd. – Jet-pulse Blowback Filtration System (Gas Solid Separation System-GSS) – (Panipat, Haryana, India)
- Profarb Grupa Chemiczna Sp. z o.o. – Installation for the Alkyd Resin Production – (Smolensk, Russia)
Innovation in Rail and Transit
- Hatch Mott MacDonald and NORR Architects – Northwest PATH Pedestrian Tunnel – (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Ineco – HS2 Birmingham Delta Junction – (Birmingham, United Kingdom)
- L&T Construction Equipment Ltd. – Hyderabad Metro Rail Project – (Hyderabad, Andra Pradesh, India)
Innovation in Roads
- Bergmann Associates – NYS Route 17 at Exit 122 – (Wallkill, New York, United States)
- Hanson Professional Services Inc. – Jane Addams Memorial Tollway (I-90) Widening and Reconstruction – (Boone, McHenry, and Kane Counties, Illinois, United States)
- URS Corporation – Stockholm Bypass, FSK06 Akalla - Häggvik Design Contract – (Stockholm, Sweden)
Innovation in Structural Engineering
- L&T Construction Equipment Ltd. – Tata Consultancy Services Customer Care Center – (Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India)
- Shibanee and Kamal Architects – Bhau Institute of Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Leadership – (Pune, Maharashtra, India)
- Taikisha Engineering India Limited – Car Manufacturing Plant – (Gurgaon, Haryana, India)
Innovation in Transportation Asset Management
- Graphic Engineering Solutions and Services (Pty) Ltd and African Consulting Surveyors – PRASA Depot Modernization – (South Africa)
- Territory and Municipal Services ACT Government – Integrated Asset Management System – (Australian Capital Territory, Australia)
- Utah Transit Authority – Transit Asset Management – (Salt Lake City, Utah, United States)
Innovation in Utility Transmission and Distribution Infrastructure
- China Power Construction Corporation Jiangxi Electric Power Design Institute – Duxiling 220 Kilovolt Substation – (Pingxiang, Jiangxi, China)
- Gujarat International Finance Tec-City Co. Ltd. – Integration of Urban Infrastructure through Utility Tunnel – (Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India)
- iSAT Networks Engineers Pvt. Ltd. – 132 Kilovolt Substation – (Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India)
Innovation in Water or Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Black & Veatch – Legacy Document Management System Migration – (Kansas City, Missouri, United States)
- CH2M HILL – City of Las Vegas Wastewater Pollution Control Facility (WPCF) Infrastructure Replacement – (Las Vegas, Nevada, United States)
- MWH Americas Inc. (Taiwan Branch Office) – Taoyuan County Sewage System BOT Project of Taiwan – (Taoyuan, Taiwan)
Innovation in Water, Wastewater, and Stormwater Network Modeling and Analysis
- Barwon Region Water Corporation – Optimizing System Yield and Operational Cost with Hydrology and Hydraulics Modeling – (Colac Shire, Victoria, Australia)
- Maynilad Water Services, Inc. – Remote Leak Detection through Hydraulic Modeling – (Malabon City, Philippines)
- Power and Water Corporation – Optimization of Pumping Schedules in Remote Communities – (Northern Territory, Australia)
Watch for additional information about each of the 2013 Be Inspired Awards project finalists being posted on Bentley’s website at www.bentley.com/beinspired2013finalists.
About Be Inspired Awards Program and The Year in Infrastructure 2013 Conference
Since 2004, the Be Inspired Awards competition has showcased excellence and innovation in the design, construction, and operations of architecture and engineering infrastructure projects around the world. The Be Inspired Awards is unique – the only competition of its kind that is global in scope and comprehensive in categories covered, encompassing all types of infrastructure projects. In the awards program, which is open to all users of Bentley software, independent panels of industry experts select finalists for each category. For additional information, visit www.bentley.com/BeInspired.
Bentley’s Year in Infrastructure 2013 Conference is a global gathering of leading executives in the world of infrastructure design, construction, and operations. The conference features a series of presentations and interactive workshops exploring the intersection of technology and business drivers, and how they are shaping the future of infrastructure delivery and investment returns.
The Year in Infrastructure 2013 Conference will include:
- The Innovations for Buildings Summit
- The International Rail and Transit Summit
- The Project Delivery Summit
- The Power Delivery Summit
- The Asset Performance Management Summit
- The Be Inspired Awards
- CIO Workshop – An invitation-only workshop for CIOs and business executives focused on the asset information management needs of infrastructure owner-operators
On Oct. 28, more than 100 journalists from leading media outlets around the globe will gather at the Hilton London Metropole for Bentley’s annual Media Day briefing. These journalists will also participate in The Year in Infrastructure 2013 Conference.
For additional information about The Year in Infrastructure 2013 Conference or to register, click here.
About Bentley Systems, Incorporated
Bentley is the global leader dedicated to providing architects, engineers, geospatial professionals, constructors, and owner-operators with comprehensive software solutions for sustaining infrastructure. Bentley Systems applies information mobility to improve asset performance by leveraging information modeling through integrated projects for intelligent infrastructure. Its solutions encompass the MicroStation platform for infrastructure design and modeling, the ProjectWise platform for infrastructure project team collaboration and work sharing, and the AssetWise platform for infrastructure asset operations – all supporting a broad portfolio of interoperable applications and complemented by worldwide professional services. Founded in 1984, Bentley has more than 3,000 colleagues in 50 countries, more than $500 million in annual revenues, and since 2005 has invested more than $1 billion in research, development, and acquisitions.
Additional information about Bentley is available at www.bentley.com and in Bentley’s annual report. For Bentley news as it happens, subscribe to an RSS feed of Bentley press releases and news alerts. To view a searchable collection of innovative infrastructure projects from the annual Be Inspired Awards, access Bentley’s Year in Infrastructure publications. To access a professional networking site that enables members of the infrastructure community to connect, communicate, and learn from each other, visit Be Communities.
To download the Bentley Infrastructure 500 Top Owners ranking, a unique global compendium of the top public- and private-sector owners of infrastructure based on the value of their cumulative infrastructure investments, visit www.bentley.com/500.
# # #
Bentley, the “B” Bentley logo, Be, MicroStation, and ProjectWise are either registered or unregistered trademarks or service marks of Bentley Systems, Incorporated or one of its direct or indirect wholly owned subsidiaries. All other brands and product names are trademarks of their respective owners.