BIM For Rail Electrification
OpenRail Overhead Line Designer introduces a new, comprehensive modeling environment for rail overhead line and track design. Developed jointly by Bentley Systems and Siemens Mobility, it combines OpenRail Designer technology with Sicat Master.
What is OpenRail Overhead Line Designer?
OpenRail Overhead Line Designer brings 3D to the world of overhead line catenary systems, advancing workflows beyond traditional plan production into the development of digital twins with asset information for the entire lifecycle. Implementation of digital twin technology will significantly decrease production time of construction deliverables, including plan layouts, reports and detailed structural erection diagrams.
- Design overhead line electrification systems with custom design standards and 3D modeling of wires and structures
- Use Siemens Sicat Master functionality for advanced overhead line analysis
- Use OpenRail Designer for design of track and corridor models
- Bring real-world settings to your project by quickly gathering context data from a variety of sources, such as point clouds, 3D reality meshes, terrain data, images, and geospatial information
- Easily share project information across teams, locations, and disciplines with precision and security
- Perform regression analysis, horizontal and vertical alignment, cant design, and turnout placement to international standards
- Improve asset quality and reduce rework with a fully localized application
- Share realistic visualizations with the public and stakeholders to gather feedback, improve public engagements, and speed project approvals
OpenRail Overhead Line Designer
- Rapidly model design intent of rail overhead lines
- Address industry BIM requirements
- Manage change quickly and efficiently with design standardization and automation tools
*Prices vary per region. For more options, see licensing and subscriptions section.
— Daniela Aprea, BIM Manager, Italferr S.p.A.