BIM For Rail Electrification
OpenRail Overhead Line Designer introduces a new, comprehensive modeling environment for rail overhead line and track design. Developed jointly by Bentley Systems and Siemens Mobility, it combines OpenRail Designer technology with Sicat Master.
What is OpenRail Overhead Line Designer?
OpenRail Overhead Line Designer brings 3D to the world of overhead line catenary systems, advancing workflows beyond traditional plan production into the development of digital twins with asset information for the entire lifecycle. Implementation of digital twin technology will significantly decrease production time of construction deliverables, including plan layouts, reports and detailed structural erection diagrams.
- Design overhead line electrification systems with custom design standards and 3D modeling of wires and structures
- Use Siemens Sicat Master functionality for advanced overhead line analysis
- Use OpenRail Designer for design of track and corridor models
- Bring real-world settings to your project by quickly gathering context data from a variety of sources, such as point clouds, 3D reality meshes, terrain data, images, and geospatial information
- Easily share project information across teams, locations, and disciplines with precision and security
- Perform regression analysis, horizontal and vertical alignment, cant design, and turnout placement to international standards
- Improve asset quality and reduce rework with a fully localized application
- Share realistic visualizations with the public and stakeholders to gather feedback, improve public engagements, and speed project approvals
OpenRail Overhead Line Designer
- Rapidly model design intent of rail overhead lines
- Address industry BIM requirements
- Manage change quickly and efficiently with design standardization and automation tools
*Prices vary per region. For more options, see licensing and subscriptions section.
— Daniela Aprea, BIM Manager, Italferr S.p.A.
FEATURED USER STORIES
OpenRail Software Resources
choose what is right for you
Licensing and Subscription options
One-year license with training
Virtuoso Subscription – A popular choice for small and medium-sized businesses
Get access to software that comes with training – fast! Bentley’s eStore, Virtuosity, offers a convenient way to lease a 12-month license of Bentley software for a low, upfront cost. Every online purchase through Virtuosity comes as a Virtuoso Subscription that includes training and auto-renewals.
With no contract required, it’s easy to get started quickly.
One-time purchase with support
Perpetual License with SELECT
A perpetual license of Bentley software is a one-time purchase, with a yearly maintenance subscription, called SELECT. This includes 24/7/365 technical support, learning resources, and the ability to exchange licenses for other software once a year. With SELECT, you will benefit from:
- License pooling, so you can access your software from multiple computers.
- Access additional Bentley software with Term Licenses, which allow you to pay for what you use without the upfront cost of purchasing a perpetual license.
Annual renewal quotes are delivered directly to your inbox, and our experienced Renewal Representatives are available to answer your questions and guide you through any changes you’d like to make.
We’ve got your back
For larger organizations with in-depth requirements, we offer plans to provide global pricing and access to our comprehensive portfolio of solutions and success plan services. Contact us about how to get access to software, global best practices, implementation services, training, and technical support to help your organization realize its full potential while addressing your unique needs.