Rapid conceptual designs
Quick-start rail projects by rapidly creating conceptual designs and improving the decision-making process.
What is OpenRail ConceptStation?
OpenRail ConceptStation gives you rail, electrification, tunnel, and bridge conceptual design capabilities to help you create intelligent models in context. Evaluate conceptual design options with real-world data and cost analysis to rapidly determine optimal designs. Utilize data acquisition, reality modeling, and conceptual design to eliminate high-cost and high-risk items in the preliminary and planning design stages of your rail network projects. Using OpenRail ConceptStation, you can:
- Locate and download online, data-rich context from a variety of sources, such as point clouds, 3D reality meshes, terrain data, images, and geospatial information to bring real-world settings to your rail project.
- Use 3D modeling with easy-to-use engineering sketching capabilities to quickly conceptualize rail, electrification, tunnel, and bridge designs.
- Rapidly generate multiple design scenarios with associated project costs, and share with project teams and stakeholders to choose the best option.
- Share realistic visualizations with the public and stakeholders to gather feedback, improve public engagements, and speed project approvals.
- Quick-start rail projects by rapidly creating conceptual designs
- Layout conceptual track designs
- Design conceptual electrification systems
- Deliver real-time visualization of actual design content without the need for a dedicated visualization specialist
*Prices vary per region. For more options, see licensing and subscriptions section.
— Daniela Aprea, BIM Manager, Italferr S.p.A.
FEATURED USER STORIES
OpenRail Software Resources
Frequently Asked Questions
OpenRail ConceptStation is Bentley’s conceptual rail design software. It allows you to rapidly create conceptual designs during the preliminary and planning design stages of your rail network projects. The software lets you quickly jump-start your project, improve the decision-making process, and eliminate high-cost and high-risk items. With rail, electrification, tunnel, and bridge design capabilities, you can create intelligent models in context and evaluate your conceptual design options with real-world data and cost analysis to rapidly determine optimal designs.
The price of OpenRail ConceptStation varies per region. While there are various types of licensing available, a common choice is the 12-month practitioner license offered through Bentley’s eStore. When you purchase through the eStore, you get a Virtuoso Subscription. This means you get the software and “Keys” (tokens) to redeem for customizable training, mentoring, and consulting services.
Intel Pentium-based or AMD Athlon-based processor 2.0 GHz or greater.
Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 10 x64, Windows 8, Windows 8 x 64
16 GB minimum (more memory typically results in better performance)
9 GB minimum free disk space (which includes the 5.6 GB install footprint for a complete installation)
Mouse or digitizing tablet (Digitizing tablet requires vendor-supplied WINTAB driver or Bentley’s Digitizer Tablet Interface, the latter included with OpenRoads Designer installation.)
For the most up-to-date system requirements, visit Bentley Communities.