Policy Adopted: October 19, 2021
Bentley’s mission is to leverage our leading software and services to drive impact through the world’s infrastructure – advancing both the global economy and the environment for improved quality of life. As part of our Environmental, Social, & Governance (“ESG”) strategy, we are committed to managing our business in a way that enhances the environmental impacts of our products and mitigates environmental risks from our operations. Our Environmental Policy details our commitments to Environmental Responsibility and the ways in which we expect our colleagues to act to drive progress on our ESG strategy. Bentley expects all colleagues, visitors, vendors, and suppliers to follow the below practices in order to drive progress on Bentley’s ESG strategy.
Bentley expects all colleagues, visitors, and suppliers to uphold the environmental laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where they operate and to report potential violations. To report potential violations, please:
- Send a message to our Whistleblower Hotline via a dedicated, externally managed web site available at the URL https://www.openboard.info/BSY. Anonymity is assured by the third-party website service, unless you choose to state your identity.
- Send a letter to the Compliance Committee at the following address: Bentley Systems, Incorporated Compliance Committee, 685 Stockton Drive, Exton, PA 19341 USA
Product Environmental Management
Bentley is committed to providing software solutions that enable sustainable development and drive progress on global environmental challenges. Specifically, we commit to:
- Develop products and product features that enhance environmental sustainability;
- Provide resources and trainings to our users and accounts to maximize the capabilities of our products and enhance environmental outcomes;
- Highlight and celebrate user and account use cases that demonstrate commitments to sustainable development and environmental responsibility;
- Develop the ability to quantify and report on key environmental initiatives from user and account use cases to further demonstrate impact.
Operational Environmental Management
Bentley is committed to operating in a way that is environmentally responsible. We seek to operate in ways that mitigate environmental harm and contribute to global solutions to key environmental challenges. Specifically, we commit to:
- Seek opportunities in clean technology in our direct operations and in our supply chain.
- Measure Scope 1 & 2 carbon emissions annually and work towards additional climate action over time, including Scope 3 measurements and goal setting.
- Enhance data collection of other environmental metrics in our direct operations over time, including water, waste.
- Managing corporate travel to reduce our climate impacts.
- Consider environmental efficiency when selecting office locations for our global workforce. Working to reduce the number of small, satellite offices we have over time.
- Reduce facilities environmental impacts through energy and waste saving initiatives.
- Partner with our suppliers to enhance collection of environmental data in our supply chain and to work together to mitigate environmental risks.