Improve traffic flow
Simulate and evaluate traffic studies with a detailed traffic model of your entire city.
What is DYNAMEQ?
DYNAMEQ is software for vehicle-based traffic simulation and dynamic traffic assignment (DTA) that provides a high-fidelity platform for consistent operational traffic modelling at any scale. From site impact studies to congested corridors, to city-wide traffic planning, DYNAMEQ provides a clear and consistent picture of how traffic patterns across the entire area respond to changes in infrastructure, operations, pricing and demand.
Detail at Scale
- Simulates individual vehicles with car-following, lane changing and gap acceptance behavior to produce realistic traffic models
- Includes streamlined network development tools, advanced defaults and a library of importers to save time and effort
- Advanced calibration tools accelerate work with base year scenarios
- Gridlock avoidance ensures reliable convergence and model stability for forecasting, even on highly congested scenarios
One Model, Many Applications
- Study the impact of signal operations, ramp metering, transit system priority and junction configuration
- Evaluate congestion and re-routing impacts of work-zones, and re-optimize signal plans and define detours
- Validate mitigation strategies to support comprehensive transportation management plans
- Model the impacts of fixed and variable tolling strategies and generate revenue forecasts
3D, 360° Simulation Playback
- Immersive, interactive simulation playback brings stunning clarity to traffic simulations, from individual vehicles to bottlenecks to route diversion on parallel corridors
- Illuminate vehicle route choice in just a few clicks and understand how traffic patterns change across the city
- Storyboard and share animations with production-quality video recording
— Peter Xin, City of Edmonton
— Arun Bhowmick, City of Edmonton