MicroStation is the world’s leading information modeling environment explicitly for the architecture, engineering, construction, and operation of all infrastructure types including utility systems, roads and rail, bridges, buildings, communications networks, water and wastewater networks, process plants, mining, and more. MicroStation can be used either as a software application or as a technology platform.
Used as a software application, MicroStation turns ideas into reality. It provides immersive interaction with 3D models and 2D designs to confidently produce trusted deliverables such as precise drawings, information-rich 3D PDFs and 3D plots. Its robust data and analysis capabilities enable performance simulation of designs, including lifelike rendering and compelling animations. Moreover, its ability to integrate a comprehensive breadth and depth of engineering geometry and data from an unmatched range of CAD software and engineering formats ensures users can work seamlessly with the entire project team.
Used as a technology platform for discipline-specific applications from Bentley and other software vendors, MicroStation offers robust subsystems for consistent integration of geometry and data, and enhances the user experience across a broad portfolio of comprehensive design, engineering, and simulation applications. It ensures each application leverages these advantages, enabling multidisciplinary teams to benefit from an interoperable software portfolio.
Why Use MicroStation?
The majority of projects today are designed and documented using computer-aided design (CAD) software. But with shrinking budgets, compressed delivery schedules, and ever-increasing scales and complexity, designers expect more from their design software. MicroStation meets the needs of infrastructure teams across every discipline throughout design, construction, and operations. Ask yourself:
- Can your project team make the best design, construction, and operational decisions without ready access to all of the applicable information available?
- How much time and money does your project team lose due to errors and changes that result from a lack of confidence in project documentation?
- Could your project team design and build better infrastructure if it were able to accurately predict the infrastructure’s real-world performance in advance?
- How much time and money does inadequate interoperability cost your project team as a result of manual re-entry of data, data loss, and error-prone translations?
MicroStation is Relied Upon for Speed, Power, Precision, and Confidence by:
- 47 of the Top 50 ENR Design Firms
- 299 of the Bentley Infrastructure 500 Top Owners, the largest owner-operators of infrastructure assets around the world
- 47 of the U.S. state departments of transportation
- 143 countries
- 13 languages