The Structural Engineer’s Toolkit System
Accurate analysis and better design on time and on budget
For analysis and design of almost any type of structure or structural component complete with sophisticated design tools to help you with your everyday analysis and design needs.
RAM Elements V8i (formerly RAM Advanse) provides quick, reliable tools for specific structural tasks. RAM Elements V8i is the only structural engineering software system that offers finite element analysis plus stand-alone or integrated design tools all in one low-cost, easy-to-use package.
- Cost savings is realized with RAM Elements V8i due to the ability to maintain a single program with many functionalities. For example, the flexible interface options include toolkit programs that function as stand-alone or integrated with the 3D model.
- RAM Elements V8i comprehensive analysis and design provides thorough compliance with leading design codes and multiple options for dealing with changes which leads to increased efficiency.
- Improve your quality control with fluent data collaboration. RAM Elements V8i is a single source for many structural components and interoperates with RAM Connection V8i, RAM Structural System V8i, STAAD.Pro V8i, and ProSteel V8i.
Whether you are designing trusses, continuous beams, frames of all types, retaining walls, masonry walls, tilt-up walls, shear walls, footings, or performing many other everyday design tasks, RAM Elements V8i delivers the industry’s most productive and easy-to-use engineering analysis and design toolkit.
Read about other global structural projects in case studies.
Learn more about our wide array of structural offerings.
Structural Design Group, Inc. Increases Competitive Edge with Bentley (PDF)
Who Uses RAM Elements?
The Structural Enterprise: Flexible Licensing
RAM Elements is fully integrated with RAM Connection for design of your steel connections including shear, moment, and gusset plates.
RAM Structural System models can be imported into RAM Elements for further design. For example, masonry or tilt-up wall buildings can be imported into RAM Elements and wall panels designed using the desktop programs.
RAM Elements has the most comprehensive list of powerful features that empower structural engineers and engineering consultants to analyze and design almost any type of structure or structural component:
- Unique member grouping features for ease of input, optimization, and organized output
- Concurrent spreadsheet and graphical input
- Outstanding OpenGL™ graphics with 3D rendering and translucent options
- Import of DXF, RAM Structural System, and STAAD.Pro files
- Fast and robust analysis engine with in-core and out-of-core solver options
- Prismatic and real tapered (correct finite element with exact stiffness) member analysis
- Fully integrates with RAM Connection for steel connection design
- Hot rolled steel design per AISC ASD 9th edition, LRFD 3rd edition and BS 5950
Full Features List