Structural Steel Detailing and Fabrication
Bentley’s ProSteel is a 3D modeling environment for structural steel and metal work supporting your construction and planning tasks.
Working on the AutoCAD and Microstation platform, you get an intuitive and integrated multi-material modeler perfectly suited to layout complex structures, produce shop drawings, assemble all your connections, and manage your bill of materials.
From initial planning and design to assembly, ProSteel is a comprehensive software built by engineers experienced with steel design. Our many years of experience in the field and the close contact with our users has contributed to ProSteel becoming an internationally recognized and important application for 3D structural steel and metal work.
- Based on standard platforms, both MicroStation and AutoCAD, ProSteel easily lets structural engineers, detailers, and fabricators create 3D models for both concrete and steel.
- ProSteel provides automatic creation of documentation and details. The open working environment and programming interface supports standardization of the program.
- The automatic creation of documentation and details increases productivity and therefore profitability. The detailing includes miscellaneous steel such as stairs, handrails, ladders, and circular stairs. The documentation provides 2D drawings from a 3D model, including bills of materials, NC data and PPS data.
- ProSteel offers integration not only with Bentley products but also with third-party products. This capability eliminates duplication of effort and increases interoperability with other facets of the design chain, including structural analysis and design (such as STAAD and RAM) and plant design (AutoPLANT).
- ProSteel can be easily customized and standardized due to its flexibility and the programming interface. Workflows are optimized due to this open working environment.
Using ProSteel with ProConcrete enables engineers to design, document, and detail composite structures. The combination of these two products is available under the ProStructures product suite.
Read about seven ProSteel user projects, including project overviews and company profiles.
Learn more about our wide array of structural offerings.
Read about these global structural projects in
Who uses ProSteel?