ConstructSim V8i is a powerful virtual construction simulation system for detailed and automated workface planning on large projects. ConstructSim V8i provides construction management the visibility needed to rapidly and effectively respond to project issues to increase productivity, drive down costs, and reduce project cycle time, while providing improved risk mitigation and team safety. It addresses construction issues such as material availability, cost to complete, information management, management of installation of turnover systems, and productivity of field labor.
In ConstructSim V8i, project teams can visualize and interact with a virtual construction model (VCM), visually organizing engineering components into construction work areas (CWAs), construction work packages (CWPs), and installation work packages (IWPs). This allows a more optimal and granular work breakdown structure to drive engineering, procurement, and fabrication based on the sequencing needs of field installation. Visually defining CWAs and CWPs provides an unprecedented level of management control over construction planning. Construction managers can more easily and accurately plan work priorities and installation sequences.
ConstructSim V8i is by far the most automated workface planning tool available. To manually build a crew level pipe (installation or hydro test) work package at a level 4 or 5 schedule of detail typically requires 3-8 hours per work package. Using ConstructSim V8i, a pipe work package can be created in less than 10 minutes. An entire schedule priority area can be completed in 2 hours. Changes and revisions can be accurately tracked and work packs updated accordingly.
The implementation of ConstructSim V8i on your project will improve productivity by providing advantages including:
- Comprehend the full complexity of modern construction projects during initial planning through the Virtual Construction Model
- Improved constructability analysis and advanced planning and coordination between engineering office and site field office
- Design out unsafe construction practices
- Reduce time to create work packages while increasing accuracy
- Ability to match available labor to work packages
- Support Agile/Lean/WFP construction methods
- Plan ahead to reduce construction bottlenecks
- Reduce rework and out-of-sequence work
- Streamline turnover and commissioning planning and procedures
ConstructSim V8i offers a substantial and compelling ROI. Clients that have implemented ConstructSim V8i and workflow methodology for pipe workface planning have experienced savings ranging from 1-5% of the total installed cost of the project.