The LEARNing Zone: Immerse Yourself in Innovation
All NEW! The LEARNing Zone is a hands-on, interactive exhibit area that brings people and technology together in a series of dynamic zones for an innovative and valuable learning experience.
Visit the LEARNing Zone to learn workflows for your projects live from Bentley’s best trainers, collaborate with Bentley developers and partners to extend the use of your software, get specialized technical support, and create a personalized learning path to keep your skills sharp throughout the year. Plus, you can participate in the LEARNing Path Game for a chance to win exciting prizes, including iPad Mini's, subscriptions to ENR magazine, and more.
Within the LEARNing Zone, focused zones will provide opportunities to interact with the experts from Bentley Institute, product management, the application engineers team, technical support, and professional services who can detail and share tips and techniques you need to know now to do your job even better. Get help and advice, test drive the latest software releases, and see how you can apply lessons learned during the conference sessions back at the office.
|Building and Structural Zone|
Products showcased include:
- AECOsim Building Designer
- AECOsim Energy Simulator
- Bentley AutoPIPE
Get your hands on the new OpenRoads Technology for the first time!
- InRoads (Powered by OpenRoads Technology)
- GEOPAK (Powered by OpenRoads Technology)
- MXROAD (Powered by OpenRoads Technology)
Check out the new releases:
- Bentley Map
- Bentley Descartes
- Bentley Pointools
- Bentley Geospatial Server
|Plant and Operations Zone
Featured products include:
- Bentley OpenPlant
- Bentley Raceway and
|MicroStation and ProjectWise Zone|
Highlights from Bentley’s flagship offerings:
- MicroStation PowerDraft
- Shared Services
Technology is always changing. These changes will provide financial benefits for those designing, constructing, operating, and maintaining infrastructure assets. In the Innovation Zone, you will learn about Bentley’s research into cloud computing, augmented reality, field computing, and other innovative technologies that can improve your efficiency and profitability. Don’t miss this opportunity to glimpse into the future of infrastructure.
Bentley Institute Zone
Meet with Bentley Institute trainers, ask members of the Bentley LEARNservices team about your training subscription, tour the Bentley LEARN Server to see the latest courses and create a personalized learning path, or browse the Bentley Institute Press bookstore for reference books about infrastructure.
Among the learning and technology zones, you will find:
- A user interface discussion area where you can experience the latest and future potential Bentley product interfaces and provide feedback directly to the developers.
- The LEARNing Bar, which will feature lively roundtable discussions led by Bentley’s top software executives and special sponsor presentations that highlight the value of their solutions and close integration with Bentley.
Tuesday, May 14:
- 12:10 p.m. Harry Vitelli and Mike Schellhase, “Information Mobility for Construction”
Learn how Bentley’s new mobile apps and servers enable your field workers to take construction project data into the field. This informative demonstration will discuss Bentley’s new inspection apps, project data visualization capabilities, and field document access apps. Also see how Bentley’s new mobile development tools enable you to customize the apps for your unique environment.
- 12:35 p.m. John Schown and Sam Migliore, “Engineering Information Management”
Bentley provides a comprehensive, integrated engineering information management solution that manages the diverse information required for organizations to share, track, relate, deliver, and manage changing project data and asset information throughout the complex workflow required in the infrastructure lifecycle, including design, construct, handover, operate, and maintain. Learn more about Bentley’s vision for engineering information management in this presentation.
- 1:00 p.m. Ralph Rocco, HP, “Optimizing Your Hardware Configuration for MicroStation V8i”
Tuesday, May 14 Reception at the LEARNing Zone:
- 6:15 p.m. Keith, Barry, and Ray Bentley Live Panel Discussion
For the first time ever, the LEARNing Zone will feature a live panel discussion with Bentley’s founders, Chief Technical Officer Keith Bentley, Executive Vice President Barry Bentley, and Executive Vice President Ray Bentley. The Bentleys’ many contributions to engineering for the design, construction, and operation of infrastructure have been widely recognized by architects, engineers, constructors, geospatial professionals, and owner-operators from around the world. Submit questions and topics you would like them to discuss through Be Communities and Facebook before the event.
- 6:50 p.m. Greg Rhoads, “Support Communities”
Bentley’s Vice President of SELECT Technical Support will present highlights of Bentley’s Support Communities initiative that will assist you in finding information quicker and shorten the time it takes to get answers on your support questions. Learn about this 2013 support improvement. Greg will also be thanking the Be Communities BeMVPs and will be announcing the most recently selected of these Support Communities superstars.
Wednesday, May 15:
- 12:10 p.m. Santanu Das, Robert Mankowski, Raoul Karp, and Ken Adamson, “Design Interoperability and Information Modeling”
Information modeling is critical for aggregate disparate workflows when designing and constructing any asset. To properly address information emanating from interrelated workflows, a proper interoperability mechanism must be in place to maintain the integrity of the design information as it crosses various “borders.” In this presentation, Bentley’s new cross-discipline coordination service is showcased as it pertains to a complex asset.
- 1:00 p.m. Xavier Lopez, Oracle, “Managing Big Data with Oracle Spatial and Graph Products”
- Analysts and engineers from Bentley SELECT Technical Support will be available throughout the conference. These specialists represent Bentley’s product lines across disciplines, and each has various subject-matter expertise.
- Review and get answers to questions about SELECTservices and Be Communities, your valuable online knowledge and management resources.
- Spend time with your favorite support colleague and have your technical, product-related questions answered in-person. The solutions will be published on Be Communities!
- Learn about the top issues the support team responds to the most.
- The Be User Group team, who will be on-hand to support user group members attending the conference and share everything you need to know if you want to start your own user group, including the latest start-up kits and 2013 assistance program.
- Bentley’s academic experts in the Be Careers Network! The talent required to design, build, and manage the world’s infrastructure of tomorrow is in school today. Our academic programs help prepare and promote young talent for the careers that will build a sustainable world in the future. Visit the academic experts to find out more about recruiting Bentley-trained graduates, partnering with local schools, and to take a tour of STUDENTserver – offering free access to software and training for students and educators.
You can also visit The Bentley LEARNing Conference sponsors throughout the LEARNing Zone to see how their innovative products and services extend and enhance your Bentley software.