Welcome to the Free Academic CAD
Software download page!
Bentley Systems, Incorporated, a leading provider of CAD software for the lifecycle of the world's infrastructure, welcomes you into the Be Careers Network Program. Created in response to the growing need for architects and engineers around the world, the program helps you determine if these extremely worthwhile and fulfilling professions are right for you and your future.
Through this exciting program, you and your school can download, at no charge, MicroStation PowerDraft V8i - the same software used by professional architects and engineers in real-world projects. The program also includes a student guide and courseware to help you learn and use this software to create your own project designs.
Bentley is happy to support your teaching and learning efforts with this free promotional offering. Our company remains committed to making it simple and affordable for schools to put our technology in your classrooms.
Thank you for joining the BE Careers Network. We're sure you will find it a rewarding experience and an important step in planning for your future career.
Scott T. Lofgren
Be Careers Network
MicroStation PowerDraft V8i
About MicroStation PowerDraft V8i
MicroStation PowerDraft V8i is a professional-level application that maximizes your production drafting functionality:
- Premier 2D/3D drawing-oriented solution for projects in all disciplines
- Employs an easy-to-use graphical interface, intuitive viewing techniques, and an innovative set of industry-recognized tools for production work
- Interoperates with other MicroStation solutions as well as with a wide variety of other applications, including the Google Earth™ service.
Operating Systems supported:
Windows 8 (SELECTseries 3 only)
Windows 7 (64-bit)
Windows Vista, Home Premium, Business, and Ultimate editions
Windows Vista (64-bit)
Windows XP SP2 or later, Home, Professional, and Media Center editions
Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
Windows XP Professional (64-bit)
Windows Server 2003 SP1 or later
Windows Server 2003 (64-bit)
Windows Server 2008 SP2, Standard and Enterprise editions (64-bit)
Windows Server 2008 R2, Standard and Enterprise Editions (64-bit)
Read more about MicroStation PowerDraft V8i
MicroStation PowerDraft V8i Installation Instructions
Follow the instructions below in this sequence to ensure the proper operation of MicroStation PowerDraft V8i.
- Download and install the proper version of the Prerequisites for Bentley Desktop Applications (only for SELECTseries 2, not required for SELECTseries 3*):
Note 1: This prerequisite must be installed prior to the installation of the MicroStation PowerDraft V8i SELECTseries 2 product itself. You must perform this step even if you have previously installed a Bentley product on your computer. This ensures the Microsoft operating system on your computer has all of the latest Microsoft resources required to run this Bentley desktop product.
* There is one exception; if you plan to install MicroStation PowerDraft V8i from a DVD that you perhaps received from your instructor or teacher you must install the prerequisites.
- Download and install MicroStation PowerDraft V8i
Email address or sign-in required.
- Open and save the MicroStation PowerDraft V8i for Students Course Guide (PDF):
Important Note: During the installation process, MicroStation PowerDraft V8i is automatically activated but still requires an Internet connection to post its daily usage as part of the licensing agreement. MicroStation PowerDraft V8i will run for up to 30 days without an Internet connection. After that, it deactivates and reverts to its 15-minute timeout demo mode.
To Reactivate MicroStation PowerDraft V8i: First, make sure your computer is connected to the Internet. Start MicroStation PowerDraft V8i in its 15-minute demo mode. Once the program is open, select Utilities menu > License Management. In the License Management dialog box, select Tools menu > Send Logs Now. MicroStation PowerDraft V8i reactivates and will continue to work as long as it is connected to the Internet at least once every 30 days.